• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

Your guides to making complaints about health and social care

If you’re a resident of Blackburn with Darwen the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service can give you information to help you pursue a complaint yourself. They can also give you the support of an experienced worker to help you make your complaint.  It is an independent, free and confidential service.

Advocacy In Blackburn with Darwen is provided by NCompass Northwest and they can be contacted:

Telephone: 033 000 222 00

Email: admin@advocacyinblackburn.co.uk


NCompass provide a single point of contact for all advocacy enquiries and offers information, advice, signposting and referral service for all Health & Social Care related advocacy enquiries.  Different types of advocacy support available include:

Health Complaints Advocacy - For adults aged 18+ wishing to make a complaint about the National Health Service

Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy

Care Act Advocacy

Independent Mental Health Advocacy

Healthwatch have worked with Citizens Advice to produce a series of guides to help you make a complaint or raise a concern. You can find out more about what's involved in making a complaint about a particular service and see what your next steps might be. There are tips and tools such as letter templates and other practical resources to support you to make an effective complaint.